The government is stealing my business... This is still America, I think. I mean, this isn't Stalinist Russia. This is not Nazi Germany where the troopers say you're out and their buddies are in. That's what I'm faced with." -- Jim Anderer, Chrysler Dealership, Long Island, NY (Neal Cavuto's show on Fox News)
An on-line researcher for DirectorBlue at blogspot, has uncovered some interesting information in regards to which Chrysler Dealerships are being closed down, and which ones are to remain.
According to the tipster on the Blog:
To quickly review the situation, I took all dealer owners whose names appeared more than once in the list. And, of those who contributed to political campaigns, every single one had donated almost exclusively to GOP candidates. While this isn't an exhaustive review, it does have some ominous implications if it can be verified.Here's a list of the Top 10 donors:
• Vernon G. Buchanan: $147,450 to GOP candidates and organizationsOf course, Vern Buchanan is a Republican Congressman from the Tampa Bay area. Robert Archer is the son of former Republican Congressman Bill Archer. John Culberson, a libertarian-leaning Conservative, is now the Congressman for that West Houston District. He was heavily supported in his election efforts by the Archers Family.
• Wallace D. Alley and Family: $4,500 to GOP.
• Robert Archer: $4,600 to GOP and conservative causes.
• Homer S. Higginbotham and Family: $2950 to GOP.
• James Auffenberg and Family: $28,000 to GOP; $6,000 to one Democrat candidate.
• Michael Maroone and Family: $60,000 to GOP; $8,500 to two Democrat candidates.
• Jerome Fader: $6,500 to Democrats; $2,500 to Independent Joe Lieberman.
• Stephen Fay and Family: $13,500 to GOP.
• William Numrich: $20,000 to GOP.
• Robert Carver: $10,000 to Democrats including $1,950 to Hillary Clinton, nothing to Obama.
Additionally, James Crowley, owner of a Chrysler Dealership in Escondido, California is on the list to be closed. Crowley is a big backer of libertarian-leaning Republican Cong. John Campbell of Orange County.
Ron Paul's top funder is on the Targetted List
Ron Paul supporters may be interested to note that further down the list, Ray Huffines' name appears: Ray Huffines and Family: $18,500 to GOP. He is the son of Hard Right Gold Bug and longtime Paul supporter Donald Huffines (photo). The Huffines Family have been supporters of Ron Paul since his Libertarian Presidential run in 1988. More recently, Huffines made 4 contributions to the Committee to Re-Elect Ron Paul, and Ron Paul's other Campaigns of $2300 each in 2007/08. He also contributed to Ron Paul's friend Murray Sabrin in New Jersey for his Governor's race of $2300. (Source: Watchdog.net) The Huffines sprawling Dealership in Metro-Dallas/Ft. Worth is on the list to be closed down by Chrysler.
Fred Barber, owner of 9 Chrysler Dealerships throughout Utah, had this to say:
"Was there any rhyme or reason to why certain dealerships were selected and others not? What's next for the targeted dealerships, and what will be the ripple effects?Developing Story...
This is as close to socialism as I've seen — we've got the government running the automotive industry."
(H/t Pamela at Atlas)
A major Right Blogger, one of the Top 10 in the entire Rightosphere, just commented to LR Blog: "If this turns out to be true, Obama is behaving criminally."
This article was quoted at Mainstream Conservative blogspot. Publisher Josh Painter comments: "Shades of the Nixon enemies list..."
LR has learned that a Major Right site may be breaking this story wide open later today. Stay tuned...
RedState.com just picked up this story, and featured Libertarian Republican as one of the major sources for the piece.